If you want to make the most of your marketing budget — and many small business owners have no marketing budget — you’ll want to check out this interview with Jim Cockrum the “world’s foremost expert” on free marketing for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Author of Free Marketing: 101 Low and No Cost Ways to Grow Your Business Online and Off, this man literally wrote the book on free marketing tips, culled from his more than 10 years of experience as a successful online entrepreneur. Just click on the video logo below and enjoy the interview. As always, we’d love to hear what you think about the show, so leave your comments below.
Just click on the video logo below and enjoy the interview. As always, we’d love to hear what you think about the show, so leave your comments below.
Jim Cockrum has been helping small business owners for many years, and I personally have the utmost respect for what he does, and how he does it. He’s one of the good guys, and his latest project solidifies that. All proceeds from his new book are going to a terrific charity, Hope Village Detroit, which helps young entrepreneurs. The book is titled: Free Marketing: 101 Low and No Cost Ways to Grow Your Business Online and Off.
In this interview, which we conducted over Skype, we discuss:
- Jim’s background as an eBay advisor
- How to be an expert in your niche
- How to be a great leader, and guard your character
- Interacting with your customers effectively
- An unconventional way to deal with both unhappy but reasonable customers and habitual complainers
- Why Zappo’s irrational policies work so effectively both for customers and employees
- The “one marshmallow now” principle
- The book Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
- Why content is king, especially to build a list, and an audience
- How Jim Cockrum got Dave Ramsey to endorse and promote his new book
- The power and importance of outsourcing
- Why business concepts are more important than skills
I strongly encourage you to get Jim Cockrum’s book for two reasons: It’s great information that you can use, and all proceeds are going to a phenomenal charity that helps young entrepreneurs.
You’ll find lots more small business marketing tips and resources from Andrew Lock in our Small Business In-Depth series, Lock in Your Marketing Resources.
Andrew Lock is a self-described maverick marketer and the creator and host of Help! My Business Sucks, a free, weekly Web TV show full of practical small business marketing tips, advice and resources to help small businesses “get more done and have more fun.”
Small Business Computing is on Facebook. Join us on Facebook and interact with the site’s editors, post messages, share your small business challenges and successes, discuss technology and suggest topics you’d like covered on Small Business Computing.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other small business topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com Forums. Join the discussion today!|