Eugene, Ore.-based Palo Alto Software released the latest version of its flagship business planning software, Business Plan Pro 2004. Available in two editions — Standard and Premium — Business Plan Pro makes a great addition to your business computing toolbox.
The debut marks seventh release of Business Plan Pro and features several dynamic enhancements to earlier editions. The most notable improvement is that the retooled software allows users to create a plan in Business Plan Pro, export it to Microsoft Word (2000 or newer) for additional editing, and at any point, import the document back into Business Plan Pro. It also provides users with a toolbar shortcut to seamlessly print plans stored in Microsoft Word.
Business Plan Pro is an easy-to-use organizational tool for small businesses, but the true power of the programming lies in its ability to help a small business manage day-to-day operations. The software features expert information, hundreds of sample plans and time-tested guidance that will help steer small businesses in the direction they need to take to succeed. Specific new features of Business Plan Pro 2004 include:
- Monthly Financials for Two Years: Lenders may require more financial detail than one year of monthly forecasting. This feature gives the user the ability to provide lenders and investors with the additional detail they demand.
- Quarterly Reports: Now users have the flexibility to present their financials quarterly, making business plans clear and concise.
- Designed for XP: The new interface adheres to Microsoft’s standards and style guide for XP-certified software applications.
- Improved Text Editing: New styles, better control over paragraph formatting, and better list control allow for on-the-fly copy and pasting from the Web, e-mail, or Microsoft Word.
- Print Color Tables: Improved functionality in table styles gives users the ability to customize the look of their financial information.
The standard edition of Business Plan Pro 2004 is designed for small businesses that aim to better organize and further grow their businesses or entrepreneurs who are writing a plan to launch a startup business. The software is available online for $99.95. In addition to the U.S. version, U.K. and Canadian versions are available. There is also a Macintosh version available as a download only that sells for $89.95. Spanish and English versions are available as well.
Business Plan Pro 2004 Premier is designed for executives of larger organizations as well as consultants and CPAs who are offering business-planning services to their clients. The premier edition offers a unique e-mail collaboration feature that allows teams to work together in the creation of a business plan while in the office, at home or on the road. Pricing for the premier edition starts at $299 per copy.