Managing Editor, www.smallbusinesscomputing.com
A new product called FailSafeCD promises to help PC users run Windows and surf the Internet without fear of viruses, software corruption or hacker attacks. The concept behind the FailSafeCD is that the operating system and programs load from a CD-ROM and run from a RAM drive.
According to the company:
- Businesses can decrease PC related costs because of reduced maintenance requirements.
- Large and small organizations can eliminate software piracy liability and virus risks.
- Telecommuters can use the FailSafeCD to provide easy access to Citrix servers.
- Security conscious users can eliminate all personal information when they turn off their computers.
- Users with defective hard drives can access PC features such as e-mail and multimedia content.
- Businesses can replace terminals with PCs without generating increased maintenance expense.
Availability and Pricing
The product is available on-line at www.FailSafeCD.com and has a retail price of $19.95.