Now, thanks to GlowPoint, the nation's first carrier-grade, IP-based video communications service provider, SMBs can collaborate in real-time with enterprise-quality video-conferencing at a fraction of the cost.
The company recently announced its Individual Video Access (IVA) service that provides SMBs with many of the same features found in GlowPoint's Business Solutions service. For $299 per-month-per-location subscription, customers receive what GlowPoint calls "all-you-can-see" unlimited video conferencing at a transfer rate of 256kbps and 30 frames per second.
Technology Makes It Affordable
Two trends in video communications make this lower-cost advance possible. First, video equipment has become less expensive, and second, a new video transport protocol (H.264 ) significantly improves the quality of calls made in the lower bandwidth range.
GlowPoint's IVA service includes:
- Unlimited calls between other GlowPoint locations in U.S., U.K., Canada and Puerto Rico
- 256Kbps maximum call speed
- Patent pending Dial "000" Live Video Operator assistance
- GlowPoint Direct Dial Video Number
- Seamless access to legacy ISDN video conferencing users
- GlowPoint Bridging on Demand conference pass code
- Access to the GlowPoint Global international calling plan savings
- 99.99 percent GlowPoint Quality of Service
Remember that GlowPoint's IVA is a subscription service and to factor in the cost of your video equipment to calculate your total cost. For example, you'll need an IVA subscription, a video camera, a TV, an Internet connection and set-top video box for each location i.e., the main office in Pittsburgh and the sales office in Chicago.
GlowPoint sells its products through resellers and channel partners.
Lauren Simonds is the managing editor at SmallBusinessComputing.com
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other small business topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com Forums. Join the discussion today!|