Managing Editor, www.smallbusinesscomputing.com
Toshiba's Computer Systems Group introduced its Satellite 1905 that features an Intel Pentium 4 processor and will sell for under $2,000.
According to Toshiba, its all-in-one Satellite 1905-S277 offers desktop performance that can handle daily productivity tasks and multimedia functions, as well as offer some three hours of battery life on the road. The Satellite features integrated V.90 modem and 10/100 Ethernet ports and a 15-inch diagonal active-matrix display that may eliminate the need to connect an external monitor. An integrated DVD-ROM/CD-RW multifunction drive lets users watch movies and listen to or burn CDs. Finally, the Satellite is loaded with 256MB of RAM, a 30GB hard disk drive and an internal floppy disk drive.
The Satellite 1905-S277has the following specifications:
- Intel Pentium 4 processor, 1,600MHz (1.6GHz)
- 256MB of RAM (expandable to 512MB)
- 15-inch diagonal active-matrix TFT display
- 30GB hard disk drive
- DVD-ROM/CD-RW multifunction drive
- Integrated modem and Ethernet LAN
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Lotus SmartSuite Millennium Edition
- ESUP: $1,999
The 1905 will be available in mid-February 2002.