As small businesses become increasingly mobile, finding ways to keep current with meetings, appointments, contacts and e-mail while traveling across town or across the country can be a challenge. For many mobile workers, the ability to stay connected with crucial business applications while away from the home office not only increases their productivity, but it can help them gain a competitive advantage.
|Click here for |
a larger image.
According to Ann Hamann, vice president of marketing at Meeting Maker, small businesses have the ability to respond and react quickly, and Meeting Maker Mobile helps them make the most of that advantage. "Meeting Maker gives small business owners and their employees anytime, anywhere communication," she said. "It lets you work on the road without missing a beat, respond to clients quickly and always remain up-to-date."
Phone It In
Meeting Maker Mobile comes in two flavors Standard and Premium. The Standard version supports POP3 and IMAP e-mail and the Premium edition also supports Domino and Microsoft Exchange server. Both editions support the Meeting Maker Millennium calendar application.
The following mobile devices are compatible with Meeting Maker Mobile:
- Palm Devices Treo 650, 600, 300, 270/180, Kyocera 7135, Palm Tungsten, T5, W, C and T
- Pocket PCs Siemens, SX56, Hitachi G1000, Samsung i700, HP 6315, Audiovox XV6600, HP Jornada, iPAQ, HP iPAQ 1940, 2215, 5500 and Symbol MC50
- Symbian OS Sony Ericsson P800 and P900, P910 phones, Motorola A920 phone, Siemens S55 and Nokia 6600
- Windows SmartPhones Samsung i600, Motorola MPx200, MPx220, Audiovox SMT5600 and iMate Smartphone 2
The software, which actually provides the connectivity between the mobile device and the calendar/e-mail system, includes systems management features to help both manage devices and to help keep data secure. These features are designed to let you:
- Create and manage mobile device inventory collections
- Delete data stored on a device in the event of loss or theft
- Manage device configurations
- Restore files remotely
- Install software
Meeting Maker Mobile sells for a one-time, flat-fee license, starting with a minimum of five licenses. Standard Edition pricing starts at $100 per person and the Premium edition sells for $160 per person. The annual maintenance program includes call-in support and software updates and sells for $20 per person.
Lauren Simonds is the managing editor of SmallBusinessComputing.com
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other small business topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com Forums. Join the discussion today!|